ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE (EDI)
The Administrative Simplification Compliance Act (ASCA) requires that providers submit claims to Medicare electronically to be considered for payment, with a limited number of exceptions. If a provider meets one of the exceptions, the provider is waived for a period of two years.
Exceptions to this requirement, include:
•Small providers, defined as a physician, practitioner, or supplier with less than 10 full time equivalent employees
• Roster billers of Medicare covered mass immunizations
• Claims for payment under Medicare demonstration projects when information is required that cannot be submitted electronically
• Claims where Medicare is the tertiary payer to two (or more) primary payers , and
• Dental claims.
More EDI information is available on the WPS Medicare Website at http://www.wpsmedicare.com/part_b/business/edi_hipaa.shtml.
PC-ACE PRO 32 ELECTRONIC BILLING SOFTWARE
PC-Ace Pro32 is a free, stand-alone software package that creates a patient database and allows your office to electronically submit most WPS Medicare Part B claims electronically. PC-Ace has many built in features to lighten your office's workload. The software provides you with the ability to enter patient information, claim information, procedure file information, and creates a summary report of the claims you submit electronically.
If you are interested in using PC-Ace Pro-32 in your office, visit the WPS Website at http://www.wpsic.com/edi/pcacepro32.shtml or call our Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) department at (866) 503-9670.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...