ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE (EDI)
The Administrative Simplification Compliance Act (ASCA) requires that providers submit claims to Medicare electronically to be considered for payment, with a limited number of exceptions. If a provider meets one of the exceptions, the provider is waived for a period of two years.
Exceptions to this requirement, include:
•Small providers, defined as a physician, practitioner, or supplier with less than 10 full time equivalent employees
• Roster billers of Medicare covered mass immunizations
• Claims for payment under Medicare demonstration projects when information is required that cannot be submitted electronically
• Claims where Medicare is the tertiary payer to two (or more) primary payers , and
• Dental claims.
More EDI information is available on the WPS Medicare Website at http://www.wpsmedicare.com/part_b/business/edi_hipaa.shtml.
PC-ACE PRO 32 ELECTRONIC BILLING SOFTWARE
PC-Ace Pro32 is a free, stand-alone software package that creates a patient database and allows your office to electronically submit most WPS Medicare Part B claims electronically. PC-Ace has many built in features to lighten your office's workload. The software provides you with the ability to enter patient information, claim information, procedure file information, and creates a summary report of the claims you submit electronically.
If you are interested in using PC-Ace Pro-32 in your office, visit the WPS Website at http://www.wpsic.com/edi/pcacepro32.shtml or call our Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) department at (866) 503-9670.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...