MSP Electronic Billing Instructions (MSP Medicare Secondary Payer)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) now requires all claims, including MSP claims, to be filed electronically, with few exceptions. Please reference CMS Change Request 3440 Globe to indicate www link.and the Administration Simplification Compliance Act (ASCA) of 2001. An exception to this rule is when there is more than one payer responsible for payment before Medicare considers the charges. These claims may still be submitted hardcopy. Complete information about submitting electronic MSP claims is included in the "4010A1 Professional Implementation Guide 837".
If another insurance company pays primary benefits, secondary Medicare benefits may be payable to supplement the amount paid by the primary insurer. Medicare secondary benefits may be payable if all of the following situations apply:
* The primary insurer's payment is less than the provider's charges for Medicare covered services;
* The primary insurer's payment is less than the maximum amount payable by Medicare; and,
* The provider does not accept and is not obligated to accept the primary insurer's primary payment as payment in full.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...