MSP Electronic Billing Instructions (MSP Medicare Secondary Payer)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) now requires all claims, including MSP claims, to be filed electronically, with few exceptions. Please reference CMS Change Request 3440 Globe to indicate www link.and the Administration Simplification Compliance Act (ASCA) of 2001. An exception to this rule is when there is more than one payer responsible for payment before Medicare considers the charges. These claims may still be submitted hardcopy. Complete information about submitting electronic MSP claims is included in the "4010A1 Professional Implementation Guide 837".
If another insurance company pays primary benefits, secondary Medicare benefits may be payable to supplement the amount paid by the primary insurer. Medicare secondary benefits may be payable if all of the following situations apply:
* The primary insurer's payment is less than the provider's charges for Medicare covered services;
* The primary insurer's payment is less than the maximum amount payable by Medicare; and,
* The provider does not accept and is not obligated to accept the primary insurer's primary payment as payment in full.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Molecular diagnostic testing, which includes DNA- or RNA-based analysis, with or without amplification/quantification, provides sensitive, ...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...