Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
The Medicare Part B Physician Fee Schedule
Physician services are paid through a fixed fee schedule, charges for which are based on three key Resource-Based Relative Value Units (RBRVUs). The RBRVU system fixes a national value for each procedure code, based on the sum of the RBRVUs associated with:
* The physician ’ s time, intensity, and technical skill required to render a service
* The practice ’ s overhead expenses, such as rent, office staff salaries, and office supplies
* Malpractice insurance premiums
RBRVUs are established locally to allow for variations in practice costs among geographic areas, and each pricing locality for a given state has a Geographic Practice Cost Index (GPCI) for each RBRVU.
Physician fee schedules for all Medicare Part B carriers are calculated using one national Conversion Factor (CF). Congress determines the CF each year, considering the projected inflation rate, pro- jected vs. actual claims volumes, Medicare enrollment changes, and other factors potentially impact- ing the Medicare Part B budget.
Labels: Fee schedule
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...