Psychiatric services and/or E/M services rendered in an office or outpatient setting, with Interna- tional Classification of Diseases, 9th revision, Clinical Management (ICD-9-CM) diagnosis codes (290-310), are reimbursed at 62.5 percent of the 80 percent Medicare physician fee schedule allowed amount for the service provided. Inpatient psychiatric services are reimbursed at 80 percent of the Medicare physician fee schedule allowed amount.
Preventive medicine has been addressed by:
* Congress, to insure patient health, thereby reducing Medicare Program expenditures; and
* CMS, to involve physicians in patient care and to enlist their help in educating the public about benefits and coverage policies for preventive immunizations and screenings.
Physicians and healthcare professionals play an important role in utilization of preventive services. A recommendation by a physician is an important influence in determining whether or not beneficiaries decide to be screened. In particular, primary care physicians play a very important role in facilitating compliance with healthcare screenings. Generally, when primary care physicians recommend a screening procedure to patients, patients follow through. Beneficiaries may be unaware of the bene- fits of screening unless their healthcare professionals discuss them and encourage compliance. Phy- sicians should offer screenings according to currently accepted guidelines and should take advantage of every opportunity to recommend preventive care to patients. Reminders should be given at every visit.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
URIBEL- methenamine, sodium phosphate, monobasic, monohydrate, phenyls alicylate, methylene blue, and hyoscyamine sulfate capsule Uribel i...
procedure code and description 71250 - Ct thorax w/o dye - average fee payment - $180 - $190 71275 CTA chest (noncoronary) 71260 CT ...
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...