Services that are excluded from program payment, such as hearing aides, routine dental care, and
routine physical examinations are not subject to waiver of payment or advance beneficiary notice
requirements since they are excluded from program coverage under other provisions of the Law.
1. Personal comfort items are denied under §1862(a)(6).
2. Routine physician checkups (including lab test furnished as part of the routine physical
examination), routine eye examinations and eyeglasses, and hearing aids are denied under
3. Orthopedic shoes, supportive devices for the feet, treatment of flat foot, subluxation of the foot,
and routine foot care are denied under §1862(a)(8).
4. Cosmetic surgery is denied under §1862(a)(10).
5. Dental services are denied under §1862(a)(12).
6. Ambulance denials for excessive mileage, or because the patient could have been transported
by another means, or to non-covered destinations are denied under §1861(s)(7).
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...