History of Present Illness:
There are 8 factors that can be addressed:
1. Location – where is the problem on/in the body [LLL quadrant, throat, head]
2. Quality – a word that describes the problem [Sharp, dull, dry, wet, hot, cold, clammy, burning]
3. Severity – how is the problem rated [Mild, moderate, severe, excruciating, worsening Pain scale (4/10)]
4. Duration - how long do the symptoms last? [Constant, intermittent, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months]
5. Timing – when did symptoms begin? [One week ago, 3 hours ago]
6. Context – what was the patient doing that caused the symptoms? [Walking, standing, sitting, chewing, after eating]
7. Modifying Factors – what has been done to alleviate or worsen the symptoms? [OTCs, medications, rest, elevation, change in diet]
8. Associated Signs and Symptoms – conditions that go with the presenting problem [Headache, nausea, diarrhea, palpitations]
Level 99202, 99212 require at least 1
Level 99203, 99213 require at least 1
Level 99204, 99214 require at least 4 (or status of at least 3 chronic health conditions)*
Level 99205, 99215 require at least 4 (or status of at least 3 chronic health conditions)*
If patient is unable to provide the history, document this and the reason they are unable to. This will allow you to consider the maximum number.
*The must be a rational for the reason of the status, such as lab work with specific information or symptom frequency.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...