- Only one physician may bill for critical care services during any one single period of time even if more than one physician is providing care to a critically ill/injured patient.
- Physicians assigned to a critical care unit (hospitalist/intensivist) may not report critical care based on a “ per shift ” basis.
- Services cannot be reported as a split/shared service when performed by a physician and a qualified NPP of the same group practice.
- Physicians in the same group practice, with the same specialty, may not report 99291 for the same patient on the same calendar date.
- Concurrent care by more than one physician representative by different specialties is payable if the services meet critical care requirements, (i.e., must be medically necessary and non-duplicative.)
- Hospital emergency department services are not payable for the same date as critical care services when provided by the same physician or physicians of the same specialty.
- Critical care services will not be paid on the same calendar date that a physician reports an unbundled procedure with a global surgical period, unless the critical care is billed with modifier -25 to indicate a significant, separately identifiable E/M service was performed.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Coding Requirements fro Critical Care billing
Other Coding Requirements fro Critical Care
Labels: Critical care services
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...