- The charge submitted on the CMS-1500 claim form must match the charge submitted on the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from the primary insurer for each service. If the charges do not correspond, the services will be ‘returned as unprocessable’ (remark code MA130) and must be resubmitted as new claims. Note: Services returned as unprocessable do not have appeal rights and cannot be corrected via the telephone reopening line.
- If the submitted charges are not fully reimbursed by the primary insurer, the EOB must include a narrative description indicating the reason the charges were not fully reimbursed
- When a reason/remark code is provided by the primary insurer, the description of the reason/remark code must be indicated on the EOB
- The EOB must include the reason there was no payment or only partial payment made. This information is essential in determining the correct payment amounts. This information cannot be handwritten on the EOB. Column headings indicating co-insurance, co-pay, etc. will be considered valid descriptions.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
How to submit Medicare secondart claims
Medicare Secondary Payer Changes: Paper Claims
Effective for claims processed on and after September 1, 2009, the following changes will apply to Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) paper claims.
Labels: Medicare secondary payer
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...