Medicare Screening Services
Physicians are often confused about how to document and report preventive services provided to their Medicare patients. This document is designed to assist physicians in documenting, reporting and receiving reimbursement for these services.
Medicare does not cover comprehensive preventive visits (99381-99397). However, Medicare does cover certain screening services which are often performed during preventive visits such as:
• Screening pelvic exam
• Collection of screening Pap smear specimen
• Interpretation of the Pap smear test (reported by the laboratory)
• Screening hemoccult
• Screening mammography
• Screening bone mass measurement
• Initial preventive physical examination (Welcome to Medicare examination)
• Diabetes screening
• Cardiovascular blood test
• Tobacco use cessation counseling
The table at the end of this document provides an overview of Medicare screening services. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) have published several educational products that describe covered screening services available to Medicare patients.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...