Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
NDC code report formating CMS 1500 and electronic claim
NDC Reporting Guidelines
An NDC is required for pharmaceuticals that are dispensed from a pharmacy and physician-administered drugs in an office/clinic (i.e. FQHC/RHCs, dialysis facilities) or outpatient facility/hospital setting.
* Provider must submit the 11-digit National Drug Code (NDC), found on the vial of medication, associated with the administered drug.
* NDC codes should be reported according to the format set out by the National Drug Code Directory.
* NDC codes contain 3 segments each with a set number of characters.
* NDC codes MUST be billed with the N4 qualifier before the 11 digit NDC code, when billing on a paper claim
* N4 qualifier also applies to EDI claims. Include on EDI claim, open the loop for NDC in the Practice Management System and enter the 11 digit NDC code. The system will electronically insert the N4 qualifier in the correct location upon activating the loop.
Seg 1 Seg 2 Seg3
5 Digits 4 Digits 2 Digits
Labeler Product Size
NOTE: Segments are to run together with no spaces, dashes, or hyphens
Segment 1= Labeler Code; this segment will contain a 5 digit labeler code. Code should be preceded by 0’s (zeros) if the code does not equal 5 digits.
Example: Labeler Code is 56 then the segment entry would be 00056. (Padded with 3 zeros to complete the 5 digit label code)
Segment 2= Product Code; this segment will contain a 4 digit product code. The product code will always be 4 digits and will not require padding with zeros.
Segment 3= Trade Package Size; this segment will contain a 2 digit size code. The trade package size code will always be 2 digits and will not require padding with zeros.
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...