Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
NDC code report formating CMS 1500 and electronic claim
NDC Reporting Guidelines
An NDC is required for pharmaceuticals that are dispensed from a pharmacy and physician-administered drugs in an office/clinic (i.e. FQHC/RHCs, dialysis facilities) or outpatient facility/hospital setting.
* Provider must submit the 11-digit National Drug Code (NDC), found on the vial of medication, associated with the administered drug.
* NDC codes should be reported according to the format set out by the National Drug Code Directory.
* NDC codes contain 3 segments each with a set number of characters.
* NDC codes MUST be billed with the N4 qualifier before the 11 digit NDC code, when billing on a paper claim
* N4 qualifier also applies to EDI claims. Include on EDI claim, open the loop for NDC in the Practice Management System and enter the 11 digit NDC code. The system will electronically insert the N4 qualifier in the correct location upon activating the loop.
Seg 1 Seg 2 Seg3
5 Digits 4 Digits 2 Digits
Labeler Product Size
NOTE: Segments are to run together with no spaces, dashes, or hyphens
Segment 1= Labeler Code; this segment will contain a 5 digit labeler code. Code should be preceded by 0’s (zeros) if the code does not equal 5 digits.
Example: Labeler Code is 56 then the segment entry would be 00056. (Padded with 3 zeros to complete the 5 digit label code)
Segment 2= Product Code; this segment will contain a 4 digit product code. The product code will always be 4 digits and will not require padding with zeros.
Segment 3= Trade Package Size; this segment will contain a 2 digit size code. The trade package size code will always be 2 digits and will not require padding with zeros.
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...