5010: Important Changes are Coming
With the implementation of 5010, there will be a few changes in the way you send your electronic claim information. Understanding these changes and how they will affect your practice will prepare you for a smoother transition. It is recommended that providers start testing for 5010 by January 1, 2011. This recommendation is for all covered entities (including health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses).
Now is the perfect time to contact your software vendor to determine if they will be providing any upgrades and if they will be testing on your behalf. There will be practice management system changes that will be required for implementing the 5010 transactions. Depending on the contract with your software vendor, the system upgrades may be included in your current maintenance; however, some vendors may charge for those upgrades.
Questions you may want to ask your software vendor:
* Can my current system accommodate both the data collection and transaction conduction for 5010?
* Will you be upgrading my current system to accommodate the 5010 transactions?
* Will there a charge for the upgrade?
* When will the upgrades be available?
* When will the installation to my system be completed?
If your software vendor will not be testing the new format for you, it will be necessary for you to submit test transactions directly to Gateway EDI. This step will be required to help insure you are able to operate in production mode by the January 1, 2012 compliance date.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Molecular diagnostic testing, which includes DNA- or RNA-based analysis, with or without amplification/quantification, provides sensitive, ...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...