Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Medicare update on advantage plan and drug benefit
PROGRAMS FOR CONTRACT YEAR 2012 AND DEMONSTRATION ON QUALITY BONUS PAYMENTS
This proposed rule implements provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the Health Care Education and Reconciliation Act of 2010 (the Affordable Care Act) that are related to the Medicare Advantage (MA, or Part C) and Prescription Drug Benefit (Part D) Programs. This proposed rule also sets forth programmatic and operational changes to the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit programs for contract year 2012 based on our continued experience with the administration of the Parts C and D programs. We are proposing to publish the final rule before the beginning of the 2012 contract year, in time to prepare plans for 2012 bids. Most provisions will be in effect 60 days after the publication of the final rule (see Tables 1 and 2 in the proposed rule for provisions with different effective dates).
In addition to the proposed rule, CMS is posting the 2011 Medicare Plan Star Ratings and announcing a Demonstration Project to accelerate quality bonus payments for four and five-star plans and add quality bonus payments for three and three ½ star plans. The Demonstration Project builds on the quality-related bonus payments authorized in the Affordable Care Act by providing stronger incentives for plans to improve their performance thereby accelerating quality improvements during the three-year period of the demonstration.
The proposed rule addresses the following:
· Implementing provisions of the Affordable Care Act;
· Clarifying various program participation requirements;
· Strengthening beneficiary protections;
· Strengthening Medicare’s ability to distinguish stronger health plans for participation in Medicare Parts C and D and to remove consistently poor performers; and
· Implementing other clarifications and technical changes.
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...