What Else Do I Need to Know About a Medicare Advantage Plan?
It’s important that you understand the differences between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans. Some things to remember about advantage plans are:
• You must follow the rules! For example, if you are in an advantage plan HMO, you must choose a PCP and only use network services.
• You can join an advantage plan even if you have one or more pre-existing conditions. There is no waiting period.
• If your advantage plan decides to no longer participate in Medicare, you can join another plan or return to Original Medicare.
• If your advantage plan does not include prescription drug coverage, you can join a Medicare Part D plan in your state. However, according to Medicare: “If you are in a Medicare Advantage Plan that includes prescription drug coverage and you join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan, you will be disenrolled from your Medicare Advantage Plan and returned to Original Medicare.”
• As long as you are enrolled in a Medicare advantage Plan, you do not need to buy a Medicare Supplement Insurance policy (Medigap). In fact, it is illegal for anyone to sell you a Medigap policy if you are in an advantage plan. The benefits offered by a Medigap policy are covered by your advantage plan and the supplement does not pay for your plan's deductibles, copayments, or coinsurance.
Medicare Advantage Plans and Health Reform
Medicare Advantage plans cost the federal government more than traditional Medicare. Beginning in 2012, Medicare will start to decrease the subsidies to these plans.
If you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you may have to pay a higher premium or deal with reduced benefits. However, these plans cannot reduce any of the benefits that you would normally receive from traditional Medicare.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
URIBEL- methenamine, sodium phosphate, monobasic, monohydrate, phenyls alicylate, methylene blue, and hyoscyamine sulfate capsule Uribel i...
procedure code and description 71250 - Ct thorax w/o dye - average fee payment - $180 - $190 71275 CTA chest (noncoronary) 71260 CT ...
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure CODE and Description 93965 - Noninvasive physiologic studies of extremity veins, complete bilateral study (eg, Doppler waveform...