Medicare Provider Part B HELPFUL TIPS WHEN USING THE IVR:
* Use a telephone with a handset or headset
* Avoid using a speakerphone or cell phone
* Avoid calling from areas with loud background noise.
* Speak the requested information clearly
AREAS WHERE VALIDATION IS REQUIRED:
* Status Items – National Provider Identifier (NPI), Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN), Tax Identification Number (TIN), Patient Medicare Number & Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Service.
* Eligibility Items –NPI, TIN, and PTAN, Patient Medicare Number and Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Birth
* Pending Provider Claims – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
* Provider Check Information – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
To enter the alphabetical portion of any name or number, you must indicate you are entering an alphabetical character, by pressing the * key. Second, press the key containing the letter you wish to enter. Third, press the number 1,2 or 3 depending on the position of the number of that key. (#) should be used at the very end.
To enter A, press *, 2, 1#
To enter B, press *, 2, 2#
Voice dates as March 31st, 2008. When keying required, enter the two-digit month, two-digit day, and the 4-digit year (Both 2 and 4 digit year accepted when using touchtone only.)
(END HELPFUL TIPS)
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...