Medicare Provider Part B HELPFUL TIPS WHEN USING THE IVR:
* Use a telephone with a handset or headset
* Avoid using a speakerphone or cell phone
* Avoid calling from areas with loud background noise.
* Speak the requested information clearly
AREAS WHERE VALIDATION IS REQUIRED:
* Status Items – National Provider Identifier (NPI), Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN), Tax Identification Number (TIN), Patient Medicare Number & Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Service.
* Eligibility Items –NPI, TIN, and PTAN, Patient Medicare Number and Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Birth
* Pending Provider Claims – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
* Provider Check Information – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
To enter the alphabetical portion of any name or number, you must indicate you are entering an alphabetical character, by pressing the * key. Second, press the key containing the letter you wish to enter. Third, press the number 1,2 or 3 depending on the position of the number of that key. (#) should be used at the very end.
To enter A, press *, 2, 1#
To enter B, press *, 2, 2#
Voice dates as March 31st, 2008. When keying required, enter the two-digit month, two-digit day, and the 4-digit year (Both 2 and 4 digit year accepted when using touchtone only.)
(END HELPFUL TIPS)
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...