Medicare Provider Part B HELPFUL TIPS WHEN USING THE IVR:
* Use a telephone with a handset or headset
* Avoid using a speakerphone or cell phone
* Avoid calling from areas with loud background noise.
* Speak the requested information clearly
AREAS WHERE VALIDATION IS REQUIRED:
* Status Items – National Provider Identifier (NPI), Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN), Tax Identification Number (TIN), Patient Medicare Number & Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Service.
* Eligibility Items –NPI, TIN, and PTAN, Patient Medicare Number and Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Birth
* Pending Provider Claims – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
* Provider Check Information – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
To enter the alphabetical portion of any name or number, you must indicate you are entering an alphabetical character, by pressing the * key. Second, press the key containing the letter you wish to enter. Third, press the number 1,2 or 3 depending on the position of the number of that key. (#) should be used at the very end.
To enter A, press *, 2, 1#
To enter B, press *, 2, 2#
Voice dates as March 31st, 2008. When keying required, enter the two-digit month, two-digit day, and the 4-digit year (Both 2 and 4 digit year accepted when using touchtone only.)
(END HELPFUL TIPS)
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
URIBEL- methenamine, sodium phosphate, monobasic, monohydrate, phenyls alicylate, methylene blue, and hyoscyamine sulfate capsule Uribel i...
procedure code and description 71250 - Ct thorax w/o dye - average fee payment - $180 - $190 71275 CTA chest (noncoronary) 71260 CT ...
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...