Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
ICDs for OB/GYN, Neurology, Personal History, Foreign Body
Several new codes have been added that are related to obstetrics and gynecological services (OB/GYN). See the 2011 ICD-9-CM manual for additional information on the following additions:
• Congenital Anomalies of the Uterus (752.31 thru 752.39)
• Congenital Anomalies of Genital Organs (752.43 thru 752.47)
• Personal History of Vaginal or Vulvar Disease (V13.23 or V13.24)
• Intrauterine Contraceptive Device Management (V25.11 thru V25.13)
• Multiple Gestation Placenta Status (V91.00 thru V91.99)
Seven new Symptoms, Signs and Ill-Defined Conditions diagnoses were added in order to describe cognitive deficits in patients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI). The new codes include the following:
• 799.50 – Unspecified signs and symptoms involving cognition
• 799.51 – Attention or concentration deficit
• 799.52 – Cognitive communication deficit
• 799.53 – Visuospatial deficit
• 799.54 – Psychomotor deficit
• 799.55 – Frontal lobe and executive function deficit
• 799.59 – Other signs and symptoms involving cognition
Eight new personal history codes (V13.62 thru V13.69) were added this year to document corrected congenital conditions (See the ICD-9 manual for more detailed definitions). These codes ought to be used in addition to the diagnosis for the condition itself. For example, a child with a surgically repaired cleft would be documented as 749.00, cleft palate, and V13.64,
personal history of corrected congenital malformations of eye, ear, face and neck.
Several new codes were added this year in regards to foreign bodies. Providers must distinguish between foreign bodies that have been fully removed, as opposed to foreign bodies that remain in the body. With retained foreign bodies, code selection is based on the type of foreign body present. The new codes are listed as: personal history of retained foreign body fully removed (V15.53), and retained foreign body status (V90.01 thru V90.89).
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...