Integration of PQRI and EHR reporting
Section 3002(d) of the ACA requires CMS to move toward integration of EHR measures with respect to the PQRI program. The AMA strongly supports efforts to streamline the clinical quality measures used in both the PQRI and EHR reporting programs. We encourage CMS to work with the PCPI to improve the development, and accelerate the testing, of clinically relevant measures for all Medicare physician specialties.
In order to align the two programs, clear program objectives must first be established. Currently, PQRI is a pay-for-reporting program and the CMS EHR Incentive Program is to demonstrate meaningful use of a certified EHR system. After the program objectives have been established and aligned, the measures and format for reporting the measures must then be aligned. The steps that the AMA recommends to achieve alignment of the PQRI and EHR Incentive program include:
• Establish common program objectives;
• Align the measures and establish a common format for reporting;
• Once the "measures" and "reporting format" have been finalized and are aligned, the measures should be tested to see if they can be implemented in an EHR system; and
• Upon completion of system testing, the measures should be piloted in an actual clinical environment. Pilots are very common in information technology. In fact, any technology implementation or rollout typically has a pilot test completed. Pilot testing provides real world results and feedback in a selected and controlled environment. Upon completion of pilot testing, an evaluation will need to be performed to determine that the results meet the original program objectives.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
URIBEL- methenamine, sodium phosphate, monobasic, monohydrate, phenyls alicylate, methylene blue, and hyoscyamine sulfate capsule Uribel i...
procedure code and description 71250 - Ct thorax w/o dye - average fee payment - $180 - $190 71275 CTA chest (noncoronary) 71260 CT ...
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...