Several other diagnosis code changes were included in this year’s updates, but they do not fit into any of the previously mentioned groups. A brief description of these additional codes is listed below:
• 278.03 – Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
• 724.02 – Spinal stenosis, lumbar region, without neurogenic claudication (Providers must specify with/without claudication)
• 724.03 – Spinal stenosis, lumbar region, with neurogenic claudication (Providers must specify with/without claudication)
• 780.33 – Post traumatic seizures
• 784.92 – Jaw pain (Previously reported as 526.9, unspecified disease of jaws)
• 970.81 – Poisoning by cocaine
• 970.89 – Poisoning by other central nervous system stimulants
• E000.2 – Volunteer activity
• V11.4 – Personal history of combat and operational stress reaction
• V49.86 – Do not resuscitate status
• V49.87 – Physical restraints status
• V62.85 – Homicidal Ideation
• V88.11 – Acquired total absence of pancreas (Previously reported as V45.79, other acquired absence of organ)
• V88.12 – Acquired partial absence of pancreas (Previously reported as V45.79, other acquired absence of organ)
As responsible coders, it is always a good idea to purchase new ICD-9, CPT® and HCPCS manuals every year. Coding manuals can be purchased easily from a variety of sources, such as the AAPC or AHIMA websites. Furthermore, if you are planning to take a certification class this year, you will need updated manuals for any test that you take (Note: Make sure any books you purchase are approved by the testing organization).
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...