MULTIPLE SURGERY PRICING
According to Medicare guidelines, surgical procedures may be priced by two different pricing methods:
Standard Pricing Method
The standard pricing method is denoted by an indicator of (2) under the “Mult Proc” column on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database (MPFSDB). The allowance is calculated at:
* One hundred percent for the procedure with the highest fee schedule amount.
* Fifty percent for the second through fifth highest fee schedule amounts.
Each standard priced procedure after the fifth procedure requires submission of an operative report.
Standard Pricing Example
The following example demonstrates the standard pricing method:
Code Database Indicator Billed Amount $ Medicare Allowed Amount $ Ranking Allowance $
35301 2 2,000 1,043.48 100% 1,043.48 x 80%
35201 2 1,000 922.90 50% 461.45 x 80%
35261 2 1,050 1,010.60 50% 505.30 x 80%
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Molecular diagnostic testing, which includes DNA- or RNA-based analysis, with or without amplification/quantification, provides sensitive, ...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...