MULTIPLE SURGERY PRICING
According to Medicare guidelines, surgical procedures may be priced by two different pricing methods:
Standard Pricing Method
The standard pricing method is denoted by an indicator of (2) under the “Mult Proc” column on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database (MPFSDB). The allowance is calculated at:
* One hundred percent for the procedure with the highest fee schedule amount.
* Fifty percent for the second through fifth highest fee schedule amounts.
Each standard priced procedure after the fifth procedure requires submission of an operative report.
Standard Pricing Example
The following example demonstrates the standard pricing method:
Code Database Indicator Billed Amount $ Medicare Allowed Amount $ Ranking Allowance $
35301 2 2,000 1,043.48 100% 1,043.48 x 80%
35201 2 1,000 922.90 50% 461.45 x 80%
35261 2 1,050 1,010.60 50% 505.30 x 80%
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...