DME MAC A IVR User Guide - Claims Options
Claims - Option 1
When the claims option is selected, the IVR will request the following elements:
• National Provider Identifier (NPI)
• PTAN (10-digit supplier number)
• Last 5 digits of the Tax Identification Number (TIN)
• Beneficiary Medicare number
• Beneficiary first and last name (last name and first initial if using touch-tone)
• Date of service
Once the authentication elements have been verified, the IVR will supply the following, if applicable:
• Total number of claims located for the specified Medicare number/date of service
• Claim status
• Submitted amount
• Allowed amount
• Amount applied to deductible
• Payment amount
• Payment date
• Check number
For additional claim information, say Claim Details (touch-tone 4) to obtain the following, if applicable:
• Additional Documentation Request (ADR) dates
• Claim Control Number (CCN)
• Total number of line items
• Line Item information
o Date of service
o Submitted amount
o Allowed amount
o Procedure code
o ICD-9 Diagnosis
o Denial reason
• Ability to order duplicate remittance
If multiple claims are located, say Next Claim (touch-tone 2) to move to the next claim or say Previous
Claim (touch-tone 3) to move back to the previous claim. For additional claims navigation options, please
refer to the following:
Voice Touch-Tone EntryRepeat That 1
Next Claim 2
Previous Claim 3
Claim Details 4
Duplicate Remittance 5
Change Date 6
Change Medicare Number 7
Change PTAN 8
Main Menu 9
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
URIBEL- methenamine, sodium phosphate, monobasic, monohydrate, phenyls alicylate, methylene blue, and hyoscyamine sulfate capsule Uribel i...
procedure code and description 71250 - Ct thorax w/o dye - average fee payment - $180 - $190 71275 CTA chest (noncoronary) 71260 CT ...
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...