DME MAC A IVR User Guide - Claims Options
Claims - Option 1
When the claims option is selected, the IVR will request the following elements:
• National Provider Identifier (NPI)
• PTAN (10-digit supplier number)
• Last 5 digits of the Tax Identification Number (TIN)
• Beneficiary Medicare number
• Beneficiary first and last name (last name and first initial if using touch-tone)
• Date of service
Once the authentication elements have been verified, the IVR will supply the following, if applicable:
• Total number of claims located for the specified Medicare number/date of service
• Claim status
• Submitted amount
• Allowed amount
• Amount applied to deductible
• Payment amount
• Payment date
• Check number
For additional claim information, say Claim Details (touch-tone 4) to obtain the following, if applicable:
• Additional Documentation Request (ADR) dates
• Claim Control Number (CCN)
• Total number of line items
• Line Item information
o Date of service
o Submitted amount
o Allowed amount
o Procedure code
o ICD-9 Diagnosis
o Denial reason
• Ability to order duplicate remittance
If multiple claims are located, say Next Claim (touch-tone 2) to move to the next claim or say Previous
Claim (touch-tone 3) to move back to the previous claim. For additional claims navigation options, please
refer to the following:
Voice Touch-Tone EntryRepeat That 1
Next Claim 2
Previous Claim 3
Claim Details 4
Duplicate Remittance 5
Change Date 6
Change Medicare Number 7
Change PTAN 8
Main Menu 9
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Molecular diagnostic testing, which includes DNA- or RNA-based analysis, with or without amplification/quantification, provides sensitive, ...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...