Railroad Medicare Provider Enrollment
Before establishing a Railroad Medicare Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) the provider must first be enrolled with their local Medicare carrier.
Update from RR Medicare.
Also, the Railroad Medicare Provider Enrollment unit no longer accepts requests for Railroad Medicare PTANs by phone. The information in your article appears to have been taken from an earlier version of the Railroad Medicare Quick Reference Guide. You can access the latest version of the guide, which contains the current instructions for obtaining a Railroad Medicare PTAN,
ESTABLISHING A RAILROAD MEDICARE PTAN
FOR ELECTRONIC SUBMITTERS Effective July 1, 2005, Change Request 3440 was implemented. This Change Request mandates that all providers submit claims electronically. Only providers that have been granted a waiver or meet exception qualifications are excluded.
Once the provider(s) has a pending claim(s), they may complete the Request for Railroad Medicare PTAN form or they may call (1 - 888-355-9165 Updated phone #) to make a telephone request for a Railroad Medicare PTAN. Please be prepared to provide the provider’s Legal Business Name, NPI, organizational/group NPI, complete name, tax identification number (TIN), and billing and practice address information.
NOTE: If the information obtained on your enrollment request does not match your local Medicare Part B Carrier’s files, a letter will be sent informing you that the request cannot be completed.
FOR PAPER SUBMITTERS
Providers that are waived from filing electronically may submit their initial paper claims to obtain a PTAN. · Once a CMS-1500 (08-05) claim form has been submitted to Railroad Medicare, we will obtain your enrollment information from your local carrier and issue the provider a Railroad Medicare PTAN if all information is verified on the Part B Carrier's file. · Make sure that prior to submitting claims to Railroad Medicare that the information submitted on the CMS-1500 (08-05) claim form is consistent with the information on file with the local carrier. This includes the TIN (Item 25), billing name and billing address (Item 33). If the claim information is incomplete or cannot be verified a letter will be sent informing you that the request cannot be completed. BILLING ADDRESS CHANGES TO AN EXISTING RAILROAD MEDICARE PTAN · You may submit a written request to update your
Railroad Medicare PTAN to: Railroad Medicare P. O. Box 10066 Augusta, GA 30999-0001
· Provider/Suppliers must first be enrolled with their local carrier; therefore, your local carrier must first complete any changes that need to be made to an existing provider file. · Providers/Suppliers that submit claims electronically should call Provider Enrollment to report any changes. We will verify the new information with the local carrier and make the necessary updates. · Information submitted on the CMS-1500 (08-05) form that is inconsistent with the local carrier files will result in the claim being returned to the provider with a letter explaining any inconsistency.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...