Social Security Tax Cut 2011: What Employers Need to Know
A new Social Security tax cut for 2011 will mean a net pay increase for millions of employees. This is part of the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010. The new tax cut allows for a 2 percent cut in payroll taxes for employees which will reduce the Social Security Tax from 6.2 to 4.2 percent. This reduced tax will not affect Social Security benefits.
The IRS released information that will help employers implement the new tax cuts.
What employers need to know:
• Social Security and Medicare employee tax rate for 2011 will be 4.2%.
• Social Security and Medicare employer tax rate remains the same at 6.2% with
the wage limit at $106,800 for 2011.
• The Medicare tax rate is 1.45% for both employees and employers in 2011. Medicare tax has no wage limit.
• Employers are asked to adjust their payroll systems for the new tax rate as soon as
possible but no later than January 31, 2011.
If there is Social Security tax over withheld during January, 2011, employers can make employee pay adjustments as soon as possible, but no later March 31, 2011.
• Employers will be responsible for withholding changes so employees won’t need
to do anything.
• Employees who typical pay additional taxes at the end of the year are encouraged
to review their withholdings annually and make adjustments as necessary.
• Specifics about the tax cuts, and new tax tables, are available at IRS Notice 1036.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...