1. All providers who submit Medicare Part B Fee for Service Claims will be subject to a payment adjustment in 2012 UNLESS they report 10 e-prescribing events BEFORE June 30, 2011.
2. These 10 e-prescribing events must be reported via claims. They cannot be reported via the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) or any other Medicare reporting system.
3. The only exception is if the provider qualifies for a hardship exemption – see Hardship Exemptions section below for the three hardship reasons.
4. All providers who submit Medicare Part B Fee for Service Claims will be subject to a payment adjustment in 2013 UNLESS they report 25 e-prescribing events BEFORE December 31, 2011.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are again sponsoring an incentive program to encourage providers to adopt full electronic prescribing capabilities, often described as Informed e-Prescribing. CMS will provide an incentive payment equal to 1% of Medicare Part B Fee for Service (FFS) claims for 2011 for providers who successfully adopt and report on this adoption. Additionally, Medicare has instituted an adjustment (penalty) of 1% on 2012 Part B PFS claims, for providers who have not yet adopted e-prescribing. Lastly, a penalty of 1.5% will be imposed in 2013 for providers who have not yet adopted e-prescribing.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...