Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
HIPAA 5010 & 837 Standard form
What is version 5010 of the X12 HIPAA Transaction and Code Set Standards?
HIPAA X12 version 5010 and NCPDP version D.0 are new sets of standards that regulate the electronic transmission of specific healthcare transactions, including eligibility, claim status, referrals, claims, and remittances. Covered entities, such as health plans, healthcare clearinghouses, and healthcare providers, are required to conform to HIPAA 5010 standards.
The current transaction standard is the X12 version 4010A1 for eligibility, claims status, referrals, claims, and remittances; similarly, the current standard is NCPDP version 5.1 for pharmacy claims.
Use of the 5010 version of the X12 standards and the NCPDP D.0 standard is required by federal law. The compliance date for use of these standards is January 1, 2012.
Who will need to upgrade to HIPAA 5010?
All covered entities, listed below, are required to upgrade to HIPAA 5010 standards; covered entities may use a clearinghouse assist them with complying with the rules.
Additionally, even though software vendors are not included in the list of covered entities, in order to support their customers they will need to upgrade their products to support HIPAA 5010 and NCDPD D.0 as a business imperative.
What transactions are specified in the HIPAA 5010 standards?
• 270/271 – Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response
• 276/277 – Health Care Claim Status Request and Response
• 278 – Health Care Services – Request for Review and Response; Health Care Services Notification and Acknowledgment
• 820 – Payroll Deducted and Other Group Premium Payment for Insurance Products
• 834 – Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance
• 835 – Health Care Claim Payment/Advice
• 837 – Health Care Claim (Professional , Institutional, and Dental), including coordination of benefits (COB) and subrogation claims
• NCPDP D.0– Pharmacy Claim
Where can the Technical Reports (Implementation Guides) be obtained?
The Technical Reports (TR3 Documents) and their addenda are available for purchase in the X12 Store located at http://store.x12.org/.
These TR3 documents are listed as follows:
• X217 – Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response 270/271
• X212 – Health Care Claim Status Request and Response 276/277
• X215 – Health Care Services – Request for Review and Response 278
• X216 – Health Care Services Notification and Acknowledgment 278
• X218 – Payroll Deducted and Other Group Premium Payment for Insurance Products 820
• X220 – Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance 834
• X221 – Health Care Claim: Payment/Advice 835
• X222 - Health Care Claim: Professional 837
• X223 – Health Care Claim: Institutional 837
• X224 – Health Care Claim: Dental 837
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...