Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Update 2012:
In 2012, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is implementing payment updates and policy changes to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, including:
• Policies and procedures to identify and provide accurate payment for misvalued services; and
• Changes to the factors used to adjust physician fee schedule payment for geographic differences in physicians’ practice costs.
Incentives and Payment Adjustments for Quality Reporting:
We are continuing our efforts to promote improvement in quality of care and patient outcomes through the Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program and the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS). Eligible professionals or group practices that meet satisfactory reporting requirements under the PQRS in calendar year (CY) 2011 will be eligible for incentive payments equal to 1.0 percent of their total estimated allowed charges for the reporting period. This incentive payment will be made in CY 2012.
In addition, eligible professionals or group practices that meet satisfactory reporting requirements under the PQRS in CY 2012 will be eligible for incentive payments equal to 0.5 percent of their total estimated allowed charges for the reporting period.
Eligible professionals or group practices that meet the requirements of the eRx Incentive Program in CY 2011 will be eligible for incentive payments equal to 1.0 of their total estimated allowed charges for the reporting period. Similar to the PQRS, this incentive payment will be made in CY 2012. In addition, eligible professionals or group practices that meet the requirements of the eRx Incentive Program in CY 2012 will be eligible for incentive payments equal to 1.0 percent of their total estimated allowed charges for the reporting period.
Eligible professionals who did not become successful electronic prescribers by reporting on the electronic prescribing measure for at least 10 unique events from January 1, 2011, through June 30, 2011, or were not granted an exemption due to a significant hardship will be subject to a negative payment adjustment equal to 1.0 percent of their fee schedule amounts for covered professional services furnished during 2012. Feedback reports based on information reported by eligibleprofessionals to CMS during the 2012 eRx payment adjustment reporting period (i.e., January 1, 2011- June 30, 2011) are expected to be made available to eligible professionals in late-2011.
In addition, a negative payment adjustment equal to 1.5 percent of the physician fee schedule amounts for covered professional services furnished during 2013 will apply to eligible professionals unless:
(1) the eligible professional was a successful electronic prescriber for purposes of the 2011 eRx incentive;
(2) the eligible professional becomes a successful electronic prescriber by reporting on the electronic prescribing measure on at least 10 unique events (which need not be associated with the measure’s
denominator) from January 1, 2012, through June 30, 2012; or
(3) the eligible professional was granted an exemption due to a significant hardship.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...