Q. How is the Medicare Part B annual deductible applied to payment?
A. For each calendar year, a certain cash deductible exists that must be met before payment may be made by Medicare.
• The deductible for 2012, and until further notice, is $140.00.
expenses are applied toward the deductible based on incurred, rather
than paid expenses, and are based on Medicare allowed amounts.
Non-covered expenses do not count toward the deductible.
an individual does not have Part B benefits for an entire calendar year
(i.e., insurance coverage begins after the first month of the year), he
or she is still subject to the full deductible for the calendar year.
Medical expenses they incurred during the year, but before they are
actually entitled to Medicare, cannot be applied to the deductible.
the date of service generally determines when expenses were incurred,
the order in which expenses are applied to the deductible is based on
when the bills are actually received.
• Note: Services not subject to the deductible cannot be used to satisfy the deductible.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...