Paper Claim Handling
When the Medicaid fiscal agent receives a paper claim, it is screened for missing information and necessary attachments. If information or documentation is missing, the claim will not be entered into the Florida Medicaid Management Information System (FMMIS). It will be returned to the provider with a Return to Provider (RTP) letter that will state the reason the claim is being returned. The provider needs to correct the error, attach any missing documentation, and return the claim to the fiscal agent for processing.
Data entry operators image and key into FMMIS each paper claim that passes initial screening. Electronic claims are loaded by batch into FMMIS by the fiscal agent’s data processing staff.
FMMIS analyzes the claim information and determines the status or disposition of the claim. This process is known as claim adjudication.
Disposition of Claim
A claim disposition can be:
· Paid: payment is approved in accordance with program criteria.
· Suspended: the claim is put on “hold” so it can be analyzed in more detail by the fiscal agent or AHCA Medicaid.
· Denied: payment cannot be made because the information supplied indicates the claim does not meet program criteria, or information necessary for payment was either erroneous or missing.
Processing Time Frames
Claims are processed daily. Payments are made on a weekly basis. Under normal conditions a claim can be processed from receipt to payment within 7 to 30 days.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...