Paper Claim Handling
When the Medicaid fiscal agent receives a paper claim, it is screened for missing information and necessary attachments. If information or documentation is missing, the claim will not be entered into the Florida Medicaid Management Information System (FMMIS). It will be returned to the provider with a Return to Provider (RTP) letter that will state the reason the claim is being returned. The provider needs to correct the error, attach any missing documentation, and return the claim to the fiscal agent for processing.
Data entry operators image and key into FMMIS each paper claim that passes initial screening. Electronic claims are loaded by batch into FMMIS by the fiscal agent’s data processing staff.
FMMIS analyzes the claim information and determines the status or disposition of the claim. This process is known as claim adjudication.
Disposition of Claim
A claim disposition can be:
· Paid: payment is approved in accordance with program criteria.
· Suspended: the claim is put on “hold” so it can be analyzed in more detail by the fiscal agent or AHCA Medicaid.
· Denied: payment cannot be made because the information supplied indicates the claim does not meet program criteria, or information necessary for payment was either erroneous or missing.
Processing Time Frames
Claims are processed daily. Payments are made on a weekly basis. Under normal conditions a claim can be processed from receipt to payment within 7 to 30 days.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
URIBEL- methenamine, sodium phosphate, monobasic, monohydrate, phenyls alicylate, methylene blue, and hyoscyamine sulfate capsule Uribel i...
procedure code and description 71250 - Ct thorax w/o dye - average fee payment - $180 - $190 71275 CTA chest (noncoronary) 71260 CT ...
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure CODE and Description 93965 - Noninvasive physiologic studies of extremity veins, complete bilateral study (eg, Doppler waveform...