Requirements for Filing a Void Request
A void request will be processed as a replacement to the original, incorrectly paid claim. When a claim is voided, the total payment for the original claim is deducted. There is no time limit on submitting a void. The provider can submit a paper void request on the remittance voucher, a legible photocopy of the
original claim, or an entirely new claim.
Voiding Claims on the Remittance Voucher
A claim can be voided by photocopying the remittance voucher and in black ink circling the claim to be voided. Write “void” on the side of the remittance voucher and briefly explain why the void is requested. Sign and date the remittance voucher in the margin. Only one claim can be voided per copy of the remittance voucher. Additional claims on the same remittance voucher must be voided by submitting additional photocopies of the remittance voucher. Each copy of the remittance voucher can only have one claim circled on it.
Voiding Claims on a Paper Claim Form
When requesting a void, the provider must:
· Resubmit a photocopy of the original claim or a new claim form;
· Enter the items listed on following page;
· Initial and date the form if it is a photocopy, or sign and date it if it is a new
· Mail the void request to the fiscal agent for processing to:
Adjustments and Voids
P.O. Box 7080
Tallahassee, Florida 32314-7080
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...