* DENOMINATOR: Number of prescriptions written for drugs requiring a prescription in order to be dispensed other than controlled substances during the EHR reporting period; or Number of prescriptions written for d rugs requiring a prescription in order to be dispensed during the EHR reporting period,
NUMERATOR: The number of prescriptions in the denominator generated, queried for a drug formulary and transmitted electronically using CEHRT,
THRESHOLD: The resulting percentage must be more than 50 percent in order for an EP to meet this measure,
EXCLUSIONS: Any EP who:
(1) Writes fewer than 100 permissible prescriptions during the EHR reporting period; or
(2) Does not have a pharmacy within their organization and there are no pharmacies that accept electronic prescriptions within 10 miles of the EP's practice Location at the start of his/her EHR reporting period.
. The provider is permitted, but not required, to Limit the measure of this objective to those patients whose records are maintained using certified EHR technology (CEHRT), Authorizations for items such as durable medical equipment, or other items and services that may require EP authorization before the patient could receive them, are not included in the definition of prescriptions. These are excluded from the numerator and the denominator of the measure ,
* Instances where patients specifically request a paper prescription may not be excluded from the denominator of this measure, The denominator includes all prescriptions written by the EP during the EHR reporting period.
As electronic prescribing of controlled substances is now possible, providers can choose to include aII prescriptions or only permissible prescriptions as long as the decision applies to all
patients and for the entire EHR reporting period, The determination of whether a prescription is a ''permissible prescription'' for purposes of this measure should be made based on the guidelines for prescribing Schedule II-V controlled substances in effect on or before January 13,
* An EP needs to use CEHRT as the sole means of creating the prescription, and when transmitting to an external pharmacy that is independent of the EP's organization such transmission must use standards adopted for EHR technology certification,
* EPs should include in the numerator and denominator both types of electronic transmissions (those within and outside the organization) for the measure of this objective,
* For purposes of counting prescriptions ''generated and transmitted electronically,'' we consider
the generation and transmission of prescriptions to occur concurrently if the prescriber and dispenser are the same person and/or are accessing the same record in an integrated EHR to creating an order in a system tiat is electronically transmitted to an internal pharmacy,
* Providers can use intermediary networks that convert information from the certified EHR into a computer-based fax in order to meet this measure as Long as the EP generates an electronic prescription and transmits it electronically using the standards of CEHRT to the intermediary network, and this results in the prescription being filled without the need for the provider to communicate the prescription in an alternative manner.
* Prescriptions transmitted electronically within an organization (the same legal entity) do not need to use the NCPDP standards, However, an EP's EHR must meet all applicable certification criteria and be certified as having tie capability of meeting the external transmission
requirements of 170,304(b), In addition, the EHR that is used to transmit prescriptions within tie organization would need to be CEHRT,
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...