Retroactive Disenrollment from a Medicare Advantage plan or Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Provider Organization
There may be situations where a beneficiary is enrolled in an MA plan or in a PACE provider organization, and later becomes disenrolled from the MA plan or PACE provider organization. And, if the MA plan or the PACE provider organization recoups the money it paid the provider or supplier 6 months or more after the service was furnished, the provider or supplier may be granted an exception to have those claims filed with Medicare.
In order to qualify for this exception, the provider or supplier will need to provide the claims processing contractor with information that verifies:
• prior enrollment of the beneficiary in an MA plan or PACE provider organization;
• the beneficiary, the provider, or supplier was notified that the beneficiary is no longer enrolled in the MA plan or PACE provider organization;
• the effective date of the disenrollment; and,
• the MA plan or PACE provider organization recouped money from the provider or supplier for services furnished to a disenrolled beneficiary.
If the contractor determines that all of the conditions described above are satisfied, the contractor will notify the provider or supplier in writing that a filing extension will be allowed from the end of the 6th calendar month from the month in which the MA plan or PACE provider organization recouped its money from the provider or supplier.
The time for filing a claim will be extended if CMS or one of its contractors determines that a failure to meet the filing deadline is caused by all of the following conditions:
(a) At the time the service was furnished the beneficiary was enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan or Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) provider organization.
(b) The beneficiary was subsequently disenrolled from the Medicare Advantage plan or Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) provider organization effective retroactively to or before the date of the furnished service.
(c) The Medicare Advantage plan or Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) provider organization recovered its payment for the furnished service from a provider or supplier 6 months or more after the service was furnished.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...