Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
When to use a CMS-855I - Individual provider - tips to avoid error
CMS-855I is to be used by Physicians and non-physician practitioners (including clinical psychologists) -- Complete this application if you are an individual practitioner who plans to bill Medicare and you are:
• An individual practitioner who will provide services in a private setting.
• An individual practitioner who will provide services in a group setting. If you plan to render all of your services in a group setting, you will complete Sections 1-4 and skip to Sections 14 through 17 of this application.
• Currently enrolled with a Medicare fee-for-service contractor but need to enroll in another fee-for- service contractor’s jurisdiction (e.g., you have opened a practice location in a geographic territory serviced by another Medicare fee-for-service contractor).
• Currently enrolled in Medicare and need to make changes to your enrollment information (e.g., you have added or changed a practice location).
• An individual who has formed a professional corporation, professional association, limited liability company, etc., of which you are the sole owner.
• If you provide services in a group/organization setting, you will also need to complete a separate application, the CMS-855R, to reassign your benefits to each organization. If you terminate your association with an organization, use the CMS-855R to submit that change.
All physicians, as well as all non-physician practitioners listed below, must complete this application to initiate the enrollment process:
• Anesthesiology Assistant
• Certified nurse midwife
• Certified registered nurse anesthetist
• Clinical nurse specialist
• Clinical social worker
• Mass immunization roster biller
• Occupational therapist in private practice
• Physical therapist in private practice
• Physician assistant
• Psychologist, Clinical
• Psychologist billing independently
• Registered Dietitian or Nutrition Professional
• Speech Language Pathologist
Download CMS-855I external pdf file
• Find step-by-step directions to completing the CMS-855I form.
• View how to avoid the errors flash file that result in the CMS-855I form not being processed, specifically missing signatures or other required information.
how to avoid the errors
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...