Intensive Behavioral Therapy (IBT) for Obesity
G0447 – Face-to-face behavioral counseling for obesity, 15 minutes
G0473 – Face-to-face behavioral counseling for obesity, group (2–10), 30 minutes
Z68.30, Z68.31, Z68.32, Z68.33, Z68.34,
Z68.35, Z68.36, Z68.37, Z68.38, Z68.39,
Z68.41, Z68.42, Z68.43, Z68.44, or Z68.45
Who Is Covered
• With obesity (Body Mass Index [BMI] ≥ 30 kilograms [kg] per meter squared);
• Who are competent and alert at the time counseling is provided; and
• Whose counseling is furnished by a qualified primary care physician or other primary care practitioner in a primary care setting
• First month: one visit every week;
• Months 2 – 6: one visit every other week; and
• Months 7 – 12: one visit every month if certain requirements are met
At the 6-month visit, a reassessment of obesity and a determination of the amount of weight loss must be performed.
To be eligible for additional face-to-face visits occurring once a month for an additional 6 months, beneficiaries must have lost at least 3kg.
For beneficiaries who do not achieve a weight loss of at least 3 kg during the first 6 months, a reassessment of their readiness to change and BMI is appropriate after an additional 6-month period.
• Copayment/coinsurance waived
• Deductible waived
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...