Intensive Behavioral Therapy (IBT) for Obesity
G0447 – Face-to-face behavioral counseling for obesity, 15 minutes
G0473 – Face-to-face behavioral counseling for obesity, group (2–10), 30 minutes
Z68.30, Z68.31, Z68.32, Z68.33, Z68.34,
Z68.35, Z68.36, Z68.37, Z68.38, Z68.39,
Z68.41, Z68.42, Z68.43, Z68.44, or Z68.45
Who Is Covered
• With obesity (Body Mass Index [BMI] ≥ 30 kilograms [kg] per meter squared);
• Who are competent and alert at the time counseling is provided; and
• Whose counseling is furnished by a qualified primary care physician or other primary care practitioner in a primary care setting
• First month: one visit every week;
• Months 2 – 6: one visit every other week; and
• Months 7 – 12: one visit every month if certain requirements are met
At the 6-month visit, a reassessment of obesity and a determination of the amount of weight loss must be performed.
To be eligible for additional face-to-face visits occurring once a month for an additional 6 months, beneficiaries must have lost at least 3kg.
For beneficiaries who do not achieve a weight loss of at least 3 kg during the first 6 months, a reassessment of their readiness to change and BMI is appropriate after an additional 6-month period.
• Copayment/coinsurance waived
• Deductible waived
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...