Assistant Surgeon Services
Harvard Pilgrim reimburses assistant surgeon services when the assistant at surgery is a physician, a physician assistant, or a nurse practitioner consistent with CMS’ determination of approved procedure codes payable to an assistant surgeon.
• Assistant surgeon services are reimbursed at 16% of the fee schedule/allowable amount.
• Secondary surgical procedures are reimbursed at 8% of the fee schedule/allowable amount.
Assistant Surgeon Services (in Maine only)
Registered nurse/first assistants and physician assistants are reimbursed as assistant surgeons at a rate equal to 85% of the assistant surgeon 16% allowable rate.
Co-surgery is reimbursed at 62.5% of the fee schedule/allowable amount.
Team surgery is reimbursed after individual consideration and review of operative notes according to the percentage of surgery performed by each respective surgeon.
Attempted Service (discontinued procedure)
Attempted inpatient surgery is reimbursed at 50% of the fee schedule/allowable amount.
Reduced services are reimbursed at 50% of the fee schedule/allowable amount.
Kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, and radiologic supervision and interpretation, vertebroplasty for multiple myeloma, monostatic and solitary myeloma, spinal cord hemangioma, secondary malignant neoplasm bone and bone marrow, osteoporotic vertebral collapse and vertebral hemangioma.
First Assistant in Surgery
Louisiana Medicaid will reimburse for only one first assistant in surgery. Ideally, the first assistant to the surgeon should be a qualified physician. However, in those situations when a physician does not serve as the first assistant; qualified, enrolled, advanced practice registered nurses and physician assistants may function in the role of a surgical first assistant and submit claims for their services under their Medicaid provider number. The reimbursement of claims for more than one first assistant is subject to recoupment.
• Unless otherwise excluded by the Medicaid Program, coverage of services will be determined by individual licensure, scope of practice, and terms of the physician collaborative agreement. Collaborative agreements must be available for review upon
request by authorized representatives of the Medicaid program.
• Immunizations and KIDMED medical, vision, and hearing screens are reimbursed at 100% of the physician fee on file. All other payable procedures are reimbursed at 80% of the physician fee on file.
• Qualified CNS/CNPs who perform as first assistant in surgery should use the “AS” modifier to identify these services.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...