Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Billing Guide for partial hospitalization
• Submit partial hospitalization services with the following revenue codes:
• 0912, 0913 or 0915
o If a separate contract for the hospital and psych DPU are in effect, submit partial hospitalization services and inpatient services on separate UB-04 claim forms.
• Florida Blue considers partial hospitalization to be an outpatient service.
• Partial hospitalization for psychiatric or substance abuse admissions is calculated as follows:
o Partial Days (including beginning and ending dates) x Per Diem.
DRGs are statistically meaningful medical groupings used for the purpose of categorization and reimbursement of hospital services.
• DRGs allow for more uniform billing based upon the member’s diagnosis and procedures, age, sex, and discharge status.
• Reimbursement for DRG cases is based on discharge date.
• Exception: A newly established participating provider, under a DRG contract, will have the first year of claims reimbursed based on the admission date of the inpatient claim.
• Deaths and transfers are reimbursed based on the assigned DRG and payment hierarchy logic. There are no special reimbursement arrangements applicable to deaths and transfers.
• A list of DRGs, along with length of stay trim points and relative weights, is contained in your hospital’s Agreement.
Outlier cases are exceptions to typical inpatient DRG cases. Refer to your Agreement for which outlier method applies.
There are three types of outlier cases but not limited to:
• Low length of stay outlier - Low Length is a case in which the member stays in the hospital fewer days than the low length of stay trim point.
• High length of stay outlier - High Length is a case in which the member stays in the hospital a greater number of days than the high length of stay trim point.
• High charge outlier- High charge is a case in which total covered charges exceed the high charge threshold.
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...