Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Inpatient Care in SNF - Revenue code 0191 - 0194
Type of bill (211-214)
Revenue code (0191-0194, 0199)
• Level 1 (Revenue Code 0191)
• Level 2 (Revenue Code 0192)
• Level 3 (Revenue Code 0193)
• Level 4 (Revenue Code 0194)
• Level 5 (Revenue Code 0199)
• All per diem rates will include, but may not be limited to the following services:
• Semi-private room
• Meals (including special dietary requirements)
• Skilled nursing care
• Case management
• Medication and pharmacy supplies
• Routine laboratory
• Routine radiology (except when excluded based on the terms of the agreement)
• Nutrition services (including enteral feedings)
• Administration of medications including intramuscular and intravenous services
• Medical supplies
• Discharge planning
• DME (excluding specialized/high cost DME*)
• Quality assessment and improvement programming
• Occupational, physical and speech therapy
All codes billed other than the per diem revenue codes (0191-0194, 0199) will be denied as included in the per diems rates. If the referenced per diem revenue codes are not submitted on the claim, the claim will be denied. Exceptions include outliers, instances where Blue Plan coverage is secondary to Medicare and other specific instances defined in the member’s contract.
Participating SNFs can coordinate select medications with one of the pharmacy providers that are part of the SNF select medication program. These pharmacy providers will bill and be reimbursed directly for these services. Please refer to the Skilled Nursing Facility Select Medication Program section program details. Any services not included in the per diem rate should be delivered and billed by participating providers outside the SNF. Contact Care Coordination for a list of participating providers for these services.
*Certain DME may be considered Custom DME due to its modification for use by a particular member. The term Custom DME shall mean equipment that is significantly altered or uniquely manufactured to meet the specific needs of an individual member according to the description and orders a physician or licensed practitioner whose license permits such practitioner to order Custom DME.
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
Billing J code examples cpt code and description J0702 - Injection, betamethasone acetate 3mg and betamethasone sodium phosphate 3mg ...
PR 1 Deductible Amount PR 2 Coinsurance Amount PR 3 Co-payment Amount OA 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used ...
Coverage Indications, Limitations, and/or Medical Necessity This LCD describes conditions under which the coverage of nail avulsion/ex...
Procedure code and description 93224 - External electrocardiographic recording up to 48 hours by continuous rhythm recording and storage;...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...
Drugs & Biologicals: Maximum Allowed Units (MAUs) - Palmetto GBA Medicare cpt code and description J1040 - Injection, methylpredniso...
All Service Codes for Immunization/Vaccine 86615 (CPT) - Antibody; Bordetella 86619 (CPT) - Antibody; Borrelia (relapsing fever) 8...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
Procedure Code Description 70370 Radiologic examination; pharynx or larynx, including fluoroscopy and/or magnification technique 70...