Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Inpatient Care in SNF - Revenue code 0191 - 0194
Type of bill (211-214)
Revenue code (0191-0194, 0199)
• Level 1 (Revenue Code 0191)
• Level 2 (Revenue Code 0192)
• Level 3 (Revenue Code 0193)
• Level 4 (Revenue Code 0194)
• Level 5 (Revenue Code 0199)
• All per diem rates will include, but may not be limited to the following services:
• Semi-private room
• Meals (including special dietary requirements)
• Skilled nursing care
• Case management
• Medication and pharmacy supplies
• Routine laboratory
• Routine radiology (except when excluded based on the terms of the agreement)
• Nutrition services (including enteral feedings)
• Administration of medications including intramuscular and intravenous services
• Medical supplies
• Discharge planning
• DME (excluding specialized/high cost DME*)
• Quality assessment and improvement programming
• Occupational, physical and speech therapy
All codes billed other than the per diem revenue codes (0191-0194, 0199) will be denied as included in the per diems rates. If the referenced per diem revenue codes are not submitted on the claim, the claim will be denied. Exceptions include outliers, instances where Blue Plan coverage is secondary to Medicare and other specific instances defined in the member’s contract.
Participating SNFs can coordinate select medications with one of the pharmacy providers that are part of the SNF select medication program. These pharmacy providers will bill and be reimbursed directly for these services. Please refer to the Skilled Nursing Facility Select Medication Program section program details. Any services not included in the per diem rate should be delivered and billed by participating providers outside the SNF. Contact Care Coordination for a list of participating providers for these services.
*Certain DME may be considered Custom DME due to its modification for use by a particular member. The term Custom DME shall mean equipment that is significantly altered or uniquely manufactured to meet the specific needs of an individual member according to the description and orders a physician or licensed practitioner whose license permits such practitioner to order Custom DME.
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...