Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Per Diem agreement and allowed amount calculation
Per Diem is a per day negotiated rate which represents an allowance that includes all services for that day.
Per Diem agreements reimburse based on the admission date of the member.
The following terminology is used when referring to per diem contracts:
• Inliers- Inpatient cases reimbursed based on room and board per diem rates
• Outliers- Inpatient cases reimbursed as a DRG carve-out or based on catastrophic reimbursement.
Per Diem Hierarchy for a Standard Base Agreement
Each inpatient case in a per diem contract is evaluated using the following payment hierarchy:
• Implant Carve-out - Typically reimbursed in addition to inliers and outliers
• Catastrophic - Outlier
• DRG Carve-outs as case rate with additional day per diem - Outlier
• Per Diem Rates - Inlier
Once a claim meets the criteria for a step in the hierarchy table, then the reimbursement calculation method is based on that applicable step.
Calculating the Inpatient Allowed Amount
Amounts displayed for example purposes only. These examples illustrate allowed amount calculations, not the Florida Blue payment because member deductible, coinsurance, and/or copayment liability have not been applied. Determination of the allowed amount for inpatient and outpatient services is made based upon the terms of your Agreement.
Per Diem Examples
Per Diem payment rate is based on room and board revenue codes (e.g., med/surg, ICU, psychiatric) ranging from 110-219. The following examples illustrate the per diem methods for determining payment for inpatient admissions. Per Diem Examples
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...