Audiology is the study of hearing and hearing disorders and includes habilitation and rehabilitation for individuals who have hearing loss
Provider Billing Guidelines and Documentation
Code Description Comments
92550–92588 Audiometric tests Bill once with a count of one
92597 Evaluation for use and/or fitting of voice prosthetic device to supplement oral speech
92601–92604 Diagnostic analysis of cochlear implant; with programming; subsequent reprogramming
92605 Evaluation for prescription of non speech generating augmentative and alternative communication device Reimbursed for facility only
92606 Therapeutic service(s) for the use of non speech generating device, including programming and modification
92607–92609 Speech generating and non-speech generating augmentativeand alternative communication device-related services
To bill professional component of service use CPT; to bill DME component, refer to Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
92620, 92621 Evaluation of central auditory function, with report
92625 Assessment of tinnitus
92626 Evaluation of auditory rehabilitation status; first hour
92627 Evaluation of auditory rehab status; ea add’l 15 minutes Bill in conjunction with 92626
92630 Auditory rehabilitation; pre-lingual hearing loss
92633 Auditory rehabilitation; post-lingual hearing loss
92700 Unlisted otorhinolaryngological service or procedure Submit documentation of services rendered
• When billing for monaural hearing aids, a RT or LT modifier in the second modifier field is required for payment. Claims submitted without the RT or LT modifier may be denied.
• When billing for a binaural hearing aid the RT or LT modifier is not required. Claims submitted with a RT or LT modifier will be denied as inappropriately billed.
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...