Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Healthcare provider taxonomy code set update
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) requires that covered entities use the standards adopted under this law for lectronically transmitting certain health care transactions, including health care claims. The standards include implementation guides which dictate when and how data must be sent,including specifying the code sets which must be used. The institutional and professional claim electronic standard implementation guides (X12 837-I and 837-P) each require use of valid codes contained in the HPTC set when there is a need to report provider type or physician, practitioner, or supplier specialty for a claim.
The National Uniform Claim Committee (NUCC) maintains the HPTC set for standardized classification of health care providers, and updates it twice a year with changes
April 1 and October 1. These changes include the addition of a new code and addition of definitions to existing codes. You should note that:
1. Valid HPTCs are those that the NUCC has approved for current use;
2. Terminated codes are not approved for use after a specific date;
3. Newly approved codes are not approved for use prior to the effective date of the code set update in which each new code first appears; and
4. Specialty and/or provider type codes issued by any entity other than the NUCC are not valid.
CR 9461 implements the NUCC HPTC code set that is effective on April 1, 2016, and instructs MACs to obtain the most recent HPTC set and use it to update their internal HPTC tables and/or reference files. The HPTC set is available for view or for download from the Washington Publishing Company (WPC) at http://www.wpc-edi.com/
When reviewing the HPTC set online, you can identify revisions made since the last release by the color code:
*** New items are green;
*** Modified items are orange; and
*** Inactive items are red.
Labels: Medicare basic concept
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODES and Description 81000 Urinalysis, by dip stick or tablet reagent for bilirubin, glucose, hemoglobin, ketones, leukocytes, nitr...
Procedure code and description 93015 (cardiovascular stress test using maximal or submaximal treadmill or bicycle exercise, continuous ele...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...
Procedure code and description 95806 - Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording of, heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory air...
Procedure code and description 95004 Percut Tests w/ Extrac Immed React # Allergy testing - Percut allergy skin tests - Percutaneous ...