Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Outpatient Therapy Services for Skilled Nursing - Revenue code 0420, 0430
Can I appeal an outpatient therapy threshold prior authorization decision?
When a service provided beyond the thresholds is determined to be not medically necessary through prior authorization and/or pre-payment review of the claim, it is denied as a benefit category denial. No appeals can be submitted on prior authorization decisions, appeals can only be made on claims processed and denied for medical necessity. The resulting claim determination would be subject to the regular appeals process.
Outpatient therapy can be billed for occupational, physical and speech therapy rendered within the SNF.
• The individual therapist providing physical, occupational or speech therapies may not bill separately for services provided in the SNF.
• These services must not be billed during the same time frame as an inpatient claim.
• Outpatient services must be submitted on a separate claim from inpatient services.
• Outpatient therapy services should be billed with the following revenue codes:
o 0420 for physical therapy
o 0430 for occupational therapy
o 0440 for speech therapy
Type of bill (231-234)
Revenue codes (0420, 0430, 0440)
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
Procedure Codes and Definitions 36415 Collection of venous blood by venipuncture - Fee schedule amount $3.10 36416 Collection of capi...