• The LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup provides current and draft LCDs for Medicare-covered procedure codes and allows searches for specific procedure to diagnosis relationships in current and draft LCDs.
• To use this tool simply enter a procedure code, LCD ID (L number), keyword, or procedure code and an ICD-9-CM or ICD-10-CM diagnosis code, including the decimal point, and click submit to find relevant information
Searching by procedure code
• Here is an example of searching by procedure code 93000:
• If an LCD exists, the lookup will display a link to the applicable LCD(s). If more than one link appears with the same title but a different LCD ID, the higher number is generally for ICD-10. Click on the link to review the detailed policy information. The document will also include a link to the MCD, so you may review coding guidelines & comment summaries applicable to the LCD.
Searching by keyword
• When searching by keyword, you have two options. One is to search when the keyword is present only in the title and the other is by searching for the keyword in the entire LCD.
• Here is an example of searching by keyword electrocardiography using the “whole LCD” filter:
Medicare Guideline posts
- Finding Medicare fee schedule - HOw to Guide
- LCD and procedure to diagnosis lookup - How to Gui...
- Medicare Fee Schedule, Payment and Reimbursement Benefit Guideline,
- Step by step Guide Medicare participation program
- Medicare Fee for Office Visit CPT Codes - CPT Code 99213, 99214, 99203
- Medicare revalidation FAQ
- Gastroenterology, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy Medicare CPT Code Fee
- Medicare claim address, phone numbers, payor id - revised list
Top Medicare billing tips
Procedure code and description 93000 - Electrocardiogram, routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report -average fee...
CPT CODE and description 90460 - Immunization administration through 18 years of age via any route of administration, with counseling by ...
Flow Cytometry is a highly complex process by which blood, body fluids, bone marrow and tissue can be examined. It provides important immun...
CPT CODE and Description 97001 - Physical therapy evaluation Average fee payment $70 - $80 97002 - Physical therapy re-evaluation Ave...
This post has Most used J code list and we are constantly updating with example . If you are looking particular J code, use search button. ...
CPT CODE and Description 90785 - Interactive complexity (List separately in addition to the code for primary procedure) 90791 - Psychi...
Here is the big list of Medical terminology abbreviation @—at A & P—anatomy and physiology ab—abortion abd—abdominal ABG—arterial ...
Place of Service: A two-digit code used on health care professional claims to indicate the setting in which a service was provided. Place...
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Testing A complete blood count consists of measuring a blood specimen for levels of hemoglobin, hematocrit, red...
procedure code and description 93922 LIMITED BILATERAL NONINVASIVE PHYSIOLOGIC STUDIES OF UPPER OR LOWER EXTREMITY ARTERIES, (EG, FOR LOW...